It’s 8:42AM on Easter Sunday as I write my latest Marketing Blog and I am really impressed with the people, the facilities and the quality of food / coffee at the Mercure Newcastle Airport.
There are a series of very strange unpredictable events that led me here. My wife and have escaped Sydney for a fast & fun getaway and we had accommodation that fell over at the the last minute.
It started a mad panic and being Easter Weekend in the Newcastle Area, everything was booked.
However, it was Mercure Newcastle Airport to the Rescue. If you have read any of my previous blogs, I am a massive Accor Fan. I love both the Novotel and Mercure Brands (each in their own unique way).
I must have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life of all the top brands and I have always come back to the Accor Brands of Hotels as the best.
Talking to this Hotel, I am sitting at right now and writing this article – I love it here and give it the full five stars. It’s a ‘Business Hotel’ setup for the Military, Industrial and Business people within walking distance of Newcastle Airport (with a shuttle that is available if you wish).
My wife and I have had a great time here and these are the big reasons why:
– They helped us out and we just squeezed in the second last room where our original accommodation (not from Mercure or Novotel) fell over.
– The Coffee is just amazing and as a Melbourne Coffee man too, it’s really good.
– The staff are patient and really kind.
– The room is just beautiful. Great fit out, full facilities and you feel totally 100% great here.
– The Restaurant and the food quality was flavorsome, plentiful and even better with great options and rare / uncommon garnishes (I think my fish had Thyme in it, or some rare herb which was impressive).
– The pricing is very fair.
Overall, we are thrilled and love the place! If you are working or doing business near and around the Airport, or say wanting a good place to stop while passing through – highly recommended.
Thank you to the staff and managed of Hotel Mercure Newcastle Airport. Love your work and keep it up.