My short answer is “Yes” to the above “Or” question.
YouTube and Facebook Video are two very different platforms and if possible you can just upload your Interviews, Promotional Videos or whatever the case maybe to both.
YouTube has obviously been around for a very long time (and I even remember before it was bought out by Google) with the Video functionality on Facebook being a very new to market type of feature (I think not much more than 1 year old at the time of me writing this blog article).
In short, if you are say trying to promote your business, both platforms have their advantages, disadvantages and just pure “Differences” to each other when it comes to video.
I am probably comparing an Orange to a Lettuce here:
– Great to upload content as it can be found.
– It’s very responsive on all devices (from Desktop, to Tablet to Mobile Phone – Awesome Google / PC Vs. Lame Apple – all good).
– It’s part of Google and items appear on the search quite easily.
– HD looks beautiful and it works great.
– You can upload long videos and embed well on other sites.
– Uploading videos to YouTube can be a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of work.
– Videos don’t look as good as YouTube in terms of quality.
– It’s reasonable in responsiveness.
– Not very searchable on Google.
– You have a limit of 5 minutes (I think – it’s very short).
– When you upload to your business Page on Facebook, you get great organic views (where you won’t with YouTube Videos pasted into Facebook).
– Boosting Post of a Video is a very powerful technique and it works great.
– It’s so easy to use and uploading from Mobile straight to your business page is just brilliant.
I did just compare an “Orange” to a “Lettuce” and yes they are both very different platforms. My thinking is just to use both if the video permits to help you promote your business. That gives you maximum exposure and it works great.
If you say have a long video, then YouTube – a short “Selfie Video” from your phone, then Facebook.
I trust that tip helps everyone and keep up the great Marketing you Wonderful People!
About the Video Loving Author:
Edward Zia is a Marketing Mentor, Consultant, 4Networking Leader, Speaker and Lover of Awesome Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners based in Sydney Australia. He spends his days helping the business community with Ideas & Strategies to help his clients get more profitable clients with greater ease, success and automation.
To learn more, visit www.excellenceabove.com.au and he so invites you sign up for Free Awesome Sales & Marketing Strategies + Ideas. If you like what you see, check out his Online Success Course “The Awesome Marketing Vault” – right here and love your work!