I am sure my Personal Training / Fitness clients would love me writing this blog article now. In my own life a few years ago I was in really bad shape, I was overweight and I had the style sense of someone that had been living off the grid for many years.
It was no big surprise that my business was struggling at the time and I was starting to make friends – but I had a long way to go in the rebuilding of my life post the Global Financial Crisis (some seven years ago now).
As I rebuilt my confidence and got healthy – I had some great female friends help me with a makeover. Sure it involved buying some new clothes, but the major theme of it was actually getting very fit & healthy like I am today.
As I got healthier, more attractive and fitter have a wild guess what happened?
My Sales Conversion & Rate would Go Up!
It wasn’t also just my inflated “Biased” opinion too. It was quite a noticeable upswing in getting new clients along with people just responding to me much better. As my business grew and I am grateful for how it’s going today – I then have done quite a bit of Business & Academic research looking into this issue. Without quoting sources and that, a simple google search of “do attractive people” brings up countless pieces exploring this issue.
In reflecting on my own success here, the countless research available – I have now taken it quite factually that being “Fit / Healthy / Attractive” is a great “Marketing Strategy” to help you sell more & market effectively.
This is even to the point now – where I recommend to my clients to work on their health & fitness. In short, my reasoning for this is as follows:
1) Attractive = Success: If someone is good looking, we naturally assume they are successful. So why not buy from them?
2) Healthy = More Focused: If you are healthy, you are in the zone, more alert and can sell better. Pure & simple.
3) You are Happier: Happy People perform better in business & life. Sure we have our down times, but even in war zones – you get your happy people stand out.
4) More Clothing Options: You can dress better and have more thinking available.
5) Increased Production: Fit & Healthy means you work faster.
I think as well, the fact as well that you have proven that you can “Look after yourself” means that people know you will look after them.
Anyway, it’s Easter Saturday as I write this – and yes, I better hit the gym later on. Love your work, have a great day / night everyone! Edward Zia x