Hello Awesome People!
The longer I am in business, the more I appreciate the critical key importance of effective Public Speaking Skills. With thanks to the Northern Sydney Institute (part of TAFE NSW) – I have been incredibly lucky to be selected as their Mentor helping Speakers as part of their TEDx Event. TEDx is this great “Non-For-Profit” concept which is all about empowering people to discuss “Ideas Worth Spreading”.
Northern Sydney Institute has got right into it and all day today I was lucky to help mentor, support, advice and facilitate great discussions on total Key Experts Public Speaking with style and strength.
For me, it wasn’t that long ago that I was learning Public Speaking myself and then working myself up to “Effective Selling from Stage” as we call it in the industry.
Bringing this all back to Marketing and talking getting more Profitable High Value Clients – Public Speaking is one of those critical skills that can greatly accelerate ones image in the market and their own success.
If you have started speaking, want to get into speaking or maybe still wanting to be “Convinced”, I would love to share with you my key reasons for why speaking rocks from a Marketers Viewpoint:
1) It Elevates Your Image: If you are willing to speak in front of crowds then are you an expert? Of course you are. Only experts speak in front of crowds and it sets you up as a leader.
2) It Makes you Better at What you do: Standing in front of a crowd and ‘playing expert’ means you really have to be the expert. It sharpens one’s skills and beyond the presentation you get better at what you do.
3) “One to Many” / Leverage: Speaking to groups is powerful in terms of the ground it can over. Especially if it’s 30 and above – that 2 hours of speaking can hit many at once. Powerhouse!
4) Recording & Reusing the Content: Recording your speaking (not always possible) can be a great move to give you content that can be used in future missions. Nice!
5) It Gets you More Speaking Slots: Many of my speaking slots today (especially the high value Keynote ones) are from people that have seen me speak before. Nice.
6) You Get High Value Connections: Quite often at events, I end up networking with other speakers – and have picked up others as clients too. Nice!
7) You Can Sell from Stage: Not always possible, but if you can this works a treat. You can offer your fine services at the end. Nice.
My advice and learnings? Public Speaking may be daunting at the start (it was for me!) but the more you do the better. It becomes fun after a while. Get into it quickly and love it!
Thank you for the read, thank you Northern Sydney Institute and of course the Awesome TEDx!
About the Author:
Edward Zia is a Marketing Mentor & Commentator who loves helping Small Business Owners with Profitable Marketing Strategies.
Trust this has been another Helpful Topic. For more savvy tips and to keep up to date with New Ideas to Market your Business, please sign up to the “The Awesome Marketing Vault”
Love your work, and thank You for the read, enjoy the thoughts, Edward Zia sign out – Stay Awesome!!