When you are in business for yourself (and especially in services) there is a very high probability that you will be promoting events. Be it you are running your own events to help bring people together or helping your friends / colleagues promote their own.
In my Online Course the Awesome Marketing Vault, I talk about Small Business Marketing Strategies including some of my own favourite LinkedIn and Facebook Marketing Techniques. Social Media of course is one great means of getting the message out there, but there are plenty more too.
A full dedication of this article goes to my friend & business colleague Mariane Barakat too. She asked me this question inspiring this article and she is Legally Blind who gives people vision with her amazing Motivational Message.
When it comes to promoting events, there are a great array of means of getting it out there – here is my own Awesome Guide on the Matter and this conversation in inspiring me to do a Webinar on this Topic as well:
1) Having a Good Online Link to Book in: Sending a PDF can work really well for paid event, however quite often having an Online Link that people can sign up at works extremely well. For example, you can click here to join us at our Squeeze Business Networking Event which Mariane Inspired me to talk about.
2) Facebook & LinkedIn Posting: You can paste the links into most Social Media Engines and even do promoted posts of them. I talk about this in my Awesome Marketing Vault.
3) Email Marketing: If you are doing a newsletter, great to include it in there inviting people to join you.
4) Pick up the Phone: Best technique ever! Email people personally then ring them up inviting them. If I say am running a Free Event, if I ring up 5 x People I will get 1 x Visitor. Great strategy this one and love it.
5) Make it a Great Event and Ask for Sharing: Make it a brilliant event that you just can’t miss and ask people to share it and invite their friends. I do this all the time and I must say it works very well.
6) Promote it at other events with a nice card: If you attend other events it’s great to promote your other events to invite people along. Having a nice printed up ticket or a printed up card can work extremely well and invite people along.
7) Do the Numbers: You got to ask heaps of people! It’s a great thing to do and from a Sales Perspective it’s a great excuse to say hello to people.
I hope that guide helps you out and go for it. If you would like to learn more too about Small Business Marketing too – you can get instant access my Online Course “The Awesome Marketing Vault” here.
Have a great day or night everyone and best of luck in filling up your event!
Edward Zia – Small Business Marketing Mentor who loves Mariane’s Work!