I am fallen for “Blogging” as an amazing Small Business Marketing Strategy that has really helped my business in a short space lift my profile, get me some extra sales and radically increase the traffic to my website. Blogging as defined by Wikipedia is:
– “A blog (a truncation of the expression web log) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).”
Over the years that blogging has evolved it has been anything from people personally talking about their holidays, to business people sharing their experiences, to Marketers using it as a tool to promote themselves and Online Products.
It’s when you write compelling articles about a certain topic aimed at your audience and release them on a frequent basis. The idea is to build up people following your articles which can help you build up your popularity or say direct them to a website or a link where a purchase can be made.
There are plenty of great blogs out there – a simple Google Search can show plenty and I have seen some personal favourties:
– My friends Sister with an Awesome Travel Blog that gets 500+ views per day.
– Marketing Blogs.
– Bloggers Blogging about Blogging.
– People blogging about their Cats & Pets (which I do).
– People using blogging to help people and promote themselves.
As in my Blog which is playing out quite well in a short space of time – I am writing articles to help my clients, help me express my thoughts, promote myself and bring traffic to my website (which increases the odds of Online Product Sales, one being my Awesome Marketing Vault).
I have always blogged on and off over the years and I had a coming blog originally called “Lame Positive Thinking” which was a fun blog I started as I was dealing with frustrations and dealing with Corporate Fat Cats and getting out of a Post GFC Career Landscape which just sucked. I eventually closed it down and moved it’s original articles into this blog you currently are reading. It got quite a following about me having a “Rant” about the silly workplace.
Over time as you are reading this blog, I blog about Marketing, Business Small Business Marketing, Entrepreneurship and just living life in a big city which can be very hard, BUT so rewarding and fun at times.
If you are reading this and have a more commercial desire from a blog, then I can tell you first hand it’s a great strategy. Since late December 2013 I have blogged quite readily everyday and it’s been great. Sure, a bit of work – but I will tell you the benefits already of blogging to my business in about 9 weeks already;
– Increase my Website Traffic from about 500 to 1500 views per month.
– Increased my Product Sales to about 2 – 4 per month (used to be zero!).
– Helped me get a lot more 1-on-1 clients who enjoyed my blog and then signed up.
– Built up my Word-Of-Mouth as people are talking about me.
– Helped me get more out of my Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google + Communities.
So blogging I love it! Especially as I want my business to grow Online it’s been one Top Strategy and I love loved it. Feel free to go back through my own blog, get some great Small Business Marketing Ideas and go for it!
Thank you from Edward Zia – Marketing Mentor and Blogger Now! x x